We are committed to helping individuals, teams and organizations reach their full potential through the deliberate and transformative process of experiential learning.
Who we are
We are a global service organization of experiential learners and educators (facilitators, experts, standard setters, and coaches) who are committed to empowering others to apply Kolb Experiential Learning in all contexts. We do this to develop citizens who are capable of managing the world’s most difficult dilemmas and innovating a sustainable future.
What we do
We promote Kolb Experiential Learning through education, professional development, consulting, training, coaching, assessments, research and a community of practice.
We provide a rigorous, proven process for lifelong learning while customizing our approach and delivery to our clients’ unique needs. It’s grounded in the work of David Kolb, who optimized a four-step experiential learning process incorporating nine learning styles. It follows the process that our brain uses to learn deliberately and thoroughly.
Our hub offers courses, workshops, certificate programs and other learning experiences (in person or online) that meet the needs of corporate groups and organizations, educators, teams and individuals. The Institute’s experienced team also offers coaching, open enrollment programs, and training customized to our clients’ needs.
We personalize our programs and customize our delivery to best suit you.
Who we help
We have helped clients from the private, public and nonprofit sectors worldwide. Our customers include individuals, teams and organizations from education (K‑12 and higher ed), professional services (financial management, law, accounting, engineers, IT professionals, consultants), health care, banking and finance, technology, manufacturing, and social services, among others.
What we envision
- A world in which individuals apply the experiential learning four-dimensional process of learning and development to reach their full potential.
- Thriving educational institutions that are learner-centered and where students are engaged and prepared for 21st century careers and a life of learning. To do this we support educators in their professional development using experiential learning.
- Teams that share a framework for driving collective intelligence to enable better and faster learning and innovating.
- Organizations that promote the development of deliberate learning so that people can release their full potential for sustainable, value-creating innovation.
What we value
- Respect: We foster an environment of respect, appreciation and acceptance.
- Integrity: We exhibit the highest standards for ethics and integrity.
- Accountability: We are accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Quality: We establish world-class standards on a research-driven, theory-based foundation for a proven process of learning.
- Innovation: We constantly seek to imagine and reinvent the future of learning.
- Continuous learning and development: We value and promote learning and development at every stage of a person’s life.
Our research-based approach delivers better, faster, more sustainable results.
By making the process of learning explicit, we create a shared language so that people can navigate the complete learning cycle individually and collectively to increase their effectiveness